Sunday, July 21, 2013

What about second breakfast???

Who doesn’t love 2 breakfasts?! I’ve found myself having my first breakfast at my apartment and then second breakfast with the Masseys in the morning, followed by lunch at 1, snack at 4 or 5, then dinner at 8. I often think of the scene from The Fellowship of the Ring when Pippin says “What about second breakfast??” and Mary replies, “I don’t think there’s going to be a second breakfast Pippin.” I can now understand his “problem” haha. And I take great delight in having something in common with him...I know, I’m a super dork :)

The antibiotics seem to be slowly helping. Today is my last day on them and then I go back to the Doctor to check in tomorrow (more symptom checking :/ ). Without giving too much information haha, I don’t feel as sick in the morning and night as before and I don’t get as bad of stomach cramps (still some), but the medicine has, well, put a bit of a holt on things haha. Needless to say, I’m ready for my digestive system to just be regular. Good grief, I should do a dang Metamucil commercial.

Friday I was able to take a rest day and I didn’t teach at all, which was soo good. Thursday night, after beginning the medicine, I was FINALLY able to sleep all the way through the night without waking up in terrible pain or having to go to the restroom (thank you Jesus!!) So, because I was suddenly able to sleep, I took a 2.5 hour nap later in the morning and Shobha told me to just take it easy at my apartment...they even brought my lunch to me (how sweet!!) But if you know me at all, you know that I like to be doing things...I like to have tasks and have a plan, even if it’s as simple as fold these papers in half or lets watch this tv show. But being stuck in my apartment alone with no way to check my email (which was necessary due to me dropping the bomb of potentially having amoebasis and e-coli) and not much to do, I got bored fairly quickly and headed over to the Children’s Home haha. The first thing I heard was “Didn’t Mama tell you to take rest until 7pm?” (that would have been about 4 more hours!!) Although I LOVE dahl and rice, the smell of chipatis (their tortillas) is pure torture, so I’m pretty excited for whenever I get to eat normal food!! 


Saturday and Sunday (and finishing today) I was making paper bookmarks with the girls and boys. We used glue and tiny beads and wrote bible verses or truths on them. They look amazing but HOLY CHAOS. It's soo difficult to lead a group of children when I'm constantly relying on others to translate such simple phrases. Why don't I learn them? There are TOO MANY "simple phrases" to learn haha!! And they're actually very difficult. Plus, Shobha told me to only speak English with them. But they don't really understand why I'm not learning Kannada (said like Canada, but with soft A's). One little boy, Prem, has stolen my heart completely. Affection is so different here because most of the children have lice, so I can't just pick them up and cuddle them all the time :((((((. But he was basically my shadow last night...precious :)




Also, it’s legitimately cold here. Like this is fall weather (temperature- wise), but spring weather (rain- wise)...how ironic that my favorite season is summer, yet I’m missing India’s summer AND the United State’s summer hahaha… #firstworldproblems #lifecouldbeworse #iminfreakingindia!

Please pray:

-For my continued recovery (2349850928304%) and that these medicines would be anointed by the Lord to completely rid my body of whatever is troubling me!
-For me to be 100% present while I’m here
-For ideas that I can do in the down time with the kids using fairly limited resources
-For the words to speak at the evening prayer times (right now I’m talking about the characteristics of God...we’ve talked about loving, gracious/forgiving and patient. Planning to also talk on holy/just/slow to anger, faithful, and creative!
-For the Holy Spirit to touch and affect every person I’m around!

Love Love Love.
Bethany


 (This tan spider straight up ATE this other spider right in front of my face. Holy. Crap. hahaha. The Circle of life my friends.)

 (making bookmarks. From left: Jyote, Amruta, Priya, Pooja, can't remember her name haha, and Ambika)

(this is Prem. sweetest heart in this one)

No comments:

Post a Comment